(NOTE: As I mention HERE, this will be the second-to-last restaurant review I do on here... for now.)
"The Ukrainian" and I really love our BBQ joints. It was one of the highlights of our trip to San Antonio some months back, and although it's not a common dinner choice for us, we always love it when we go.
This is ironic for at least a couple of reasons.
First of all, I try to be meatless. Yes, I went back to fish about eight months ago, but I don't think I could ever munch on things like ribs again.
Second, I don't like the taste of grilled food very much. That char-ish taste, especially on veggies, is kind of icky to me. Thus, when I attend friends' barbecues, I kind of squirm when they offer me grilled veggies in lieu of meat. At home barbecues, I normally eat chips and salad. :$
Anyway, this place is called Woodranch and is located as part of a large mall in Arcadia, CA. Apparently, I didn't learn my lesson about mall food the last time we had dinner there, but this was a pleasant difference.
The bread looked wonderful, but was pretty greasy.
This was the salad that came with "The Ukrainian"'s combo. It was very good for a side salad!
Here's the combo. I think we were hungry and in a hurry to eat, so sorry that this picture doesn't show the meat goods too well. I will say, though, that this Mac N Cheese was the best I have probably EVER had... such good, sharp cheese flavor. My vegan versions be darned. ;) Creamy. And probably stomach-churning if I had anymore than a couple of bites. I'll definitely be getting some next time I visit. ;)
Here's my portebella and zucchini burger with a baked potato, which as you can see, was sprinkled in huge salt. All in all, very tasty. I didn't add butter or sour cream/chives to this... I drowned it in BBQ sauce from an unpictured bottle, which is a usual practice for me.
"The Ukrainian" and I really love our BBQ joints. It was one of the highlights of our trip to San Antonio some months back, and although it's not a common dinner choice for us, we always love it when we go.
This is ironic for at least a couple of reasons.
First of all, I try to be meatless. Yes, I went back to fish about eight months ago, but I don't think I could ever munch on things like ribs again.
Second, I don't like the taste of grilled food very much. That char-ish taste, especially on veggies, is kind of icky to me. Thus, when I attend friends' barbecues, I kind of squirm when they offer me grilled veggies in lieu of meat. At home barbecues, I normally eat chips and salad. :$
Anyway, this place is called Woodranch and is located as part of a large mall in Arcadia, CA. Apparently, I didn't learn my lesson about mall food the last time we had dinner there, but this was a pleasant difference.
The bread looked wonderful, but was pretty greasy.
This was the salad that came with "The Ukrainian"'s combo. It was very good for a side salad!
Here's the combo. I think we were hungry and in a hurry to eat, so sorry that this picture doesn't show the meat goods too well. I will say, though, that this Mac N Cheese was the best I have probably EVER had... such good, sharp cheese flavor. My vegan versions be darned. ;) Creamy. And probably stomach-churning if I had anymore than a couple of bites. I'll definitely be getting some next time I visit. ;)
Here's my portebella and zucchini burger with a baked potato, which as you can see, was sprinkled in huge salt. All in all, very tasty. I didn't add butter or sour cream/chives to this... I drowned it in BBQ sauce from an unpictured bottle, which is a usual practice for me.
Hmm. They're opening one of these near us in Irvine (at the Spectrum), Guess I'll have to go. Ask The Ukranian how the tri tip was.
ReplyDelete